SEO is a smoke and mirrors game. Unless you know what you're doing, you'll most likely end up with no hair and a brick through your computer. Here's a quick into the world of SEO tools;
#1 - THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO USE
SEM rush - thorough research for the keywords to use to get traffic
Majestic - this analyses your backlinks and shows you where you're going wrong
Moz - this gives you your page and domain authority, and how you can improve on it
Fresh Drop - links to use to connect with money sites
Cloak Hosting - private blog networks. This will help with off-page SEO.
#2 - GOOGLE'S ALGORITHM
- PageRank is an algorithm used by Google Search to rank websites in their search engine results.
PageRank was named after Larry Page, one of the founders of Google. PageRank is a way of measuring the importance of website pages.It's all about links
- Quality and quantity of Google link that point to your money site.
#3 - PR CHECKER.INFO
- Helps you gauge the effectiveness of the site
- Also, determines the effectiveness of your site and your competitor
#4 - MAJESTIC
- Tool shows your website through Google's eyes
- Trust flow - 1-100 - your trustworthiness of who are pointing to your website
- Citation Flow - number of or accumulation of links going to that specific site
- Remember to never exceed 1-3 ratio with TF - CF
- Also, remember that referring domain and IP's need to be the same
#5 - MOZ
- This is an open-site explorer
- This gives you your domain score 1-100 ( an accumulation of incoming links to a domain level)
- Page authority - a score of 1-100 (accumulation of links going to that specific page)
- Also, gives you your root domain and total links
I trust you find the above tools of use in your journey with SEO! It's a fun and exciting journey but can also be very frustrating. It all comes down to practice.
However, I would suggest using an agency for your business as you need a lot of experience to compete. If you're an agency and have no prior experience - again hire somebody, work with them and learn from it.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch on 020 8720 6884.
To your success!